My answer to a random question on Quora. Is Aurangabad developing.?
I really don’t think so.
The last time i heard about the development of Aurangabad City is almost 10 years ago. It’s said to be the fastest growing city in Asia for many reasons viz., MIDC Industries was booming the city, Companies like Skoda, Ford & Maruti has step their foot in manufacturing goods and service in the city, Multiplexes like PVR & Fame Cinemas and Prozone Shopping Mall have been greatly welcomed by the residents of the city.
And Yes, Aurangabadians, have all of this today but there is a lot to dofor the city to get its title back of ‘One of the Fastest Growing City in Asia’
There are many reasons why today Aurangabad City is among the slowest developing city in Asia. And they are as follows :
- No proper roads and too much potholes on roads.
- Often switched off street lights, electric poles on roads and open Electric DP’s in the city.
- Too much dust on the roads. This has increased the number of cases of accidents and blur vision/improper functioning of the eyes.
- No proper pipeline, drainage and chamber system. The drinking water often get mixed up with the drainage pipelines.
- No proper place for dustbins and also no place for dumping waste and garbage. Poor management by A.M.C (Aurangabad Municipal Corporation) – till today – March 2018.
- Salim Ali Sarvar Lake Closed from time unknown. Surai Garden has been taking so long to get constructed which left visitors with no options apart from visiting these two places viz., Bibi Ka Maqbara and Siddharth Garden. Such places should be constructed by the Government for the people of this city and also for the outside visitors of the city.
- S.T Bus Service should create Bus Stands/Stations within the city to reach from one place to another in low fare. So that more number of people can visit places specially senior citizens.
- AMC (Aurangabad Municipal Corporation) should start Tours and Travels Service or Aurangabad Darshan kind of a thing in low fares for the visitors of the city so that AMC can also earn some amount of money and spend in maintaining and improving the interiors of the city. But unfortunately despite of maintaining it demolishing is taking place in Aurangabad. As the city is very well known for its historical and geographical events and also known as ‘The City of Gates’ created in the Mughal Era these gates are not maintained properly (ex.: Khas Gate, Jinsi) have been totally demolished including few structures of the Mughal Era.
- Education system – It is said that besides having Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University the city lacks in quality and early up-gradation of the syllabus, research and development. Many students of the University guide to the newly admits about taking admissions to another Universities for better Job Opportunities and Good Income.
- Jobs – Because of the low Education System the newly passed outs of the city are not getting desired jobs. The youth has been going under depression and often leaves the city and are willing to work in cities like Pune, Mumbai etc. with low incomes.
These are roughly ten, but few major points which i have listed above and are the main causes where citizens and the responsible authorities should take a stand to create a better future for the people of the Aurangabad City.
Please comment down or comment on Quora (click here) about Is Aurangabad really developing the way it should be.?
Shaikh Noman Ahmed.
Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Telegram and Instagram @sknomanahmed
For more info : www.sknomanahmed.com